The Executive Office plays an integral role in setting and advancing Goldman Sachs’ strategy and in supporting and enhancing the firm’s distinctive culture. Our goal is to provide our people, clients, shareholders and the broader public with information about the breadth of our global efforts, highlight our focus on delivering sustainable, long-term returns for our shareholders and demonstrate our commitment to making an impact on the communities where we live and work and on society more broadly.
Pine Street, a group within the Goldman Sachs Learning function, prepares partners and select managing directors to lead the firm’s next generation of people and businesses, and to advance the firm’s culture.
In pursuit of this mission, Pine Street aims to be a world-class leadership development organization that enhances the reputation of Goldman Sachs as an institution committed to leadership excellence, and develops leaders who help the firm capitalize on the most important commercial opportunities.
The Pine Street Leadership Development Initiative has been detailed in two Harvard Business School cases as well as The Handbook of Teaching Leadership by Nitin Nohria, Scott Snook and Rakesh Khurana (Sage Publications, 2011)
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Contribute to shaping the firm’s overall leadership development strategy
· Design, develop, and deliver strategic, innovative, and practical leadership-based interventions and solutions that address client needs in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
· Conduct executive leadership assessments and provide insights to the firm regarding senior talent
· Coach senior leaders on leadership transitions, leadership integration and leadership development
· Serve as a core team member of a variety of initiatives and projects e.g. member of working group responsible for managing one of Pine Street’s businesses
· Build relationships across the senior leadership community to serve as a point of contact and trusted advisor
· Master’s Degree or PhD preferred
· Demonstrated experience developing top leaders in admired companies through assessment, development programs, coaching or compelling experiences
· Group facilitation and consultative skills
· Ability to coach senior leaders
· Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
· Excellent relationship-building skills and demonstrated client service focus
· Ability to function well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment that demands creativity, energy and excellence
· Strong commercial orientation and good understanding of the firm’s business
· A strong growth mindset and consistent focus on self-improvement
· Minimum of 10 years of working experience, 5 years in the field
· Minimum of 3 years of experience as an executive coach within an organization or as an external coach
· Minimum of 1 year of experience conducting executive assessments
· Organizational psychology background desirable
· Ability to teach and speak on leadership topics
To be considered for this position, please apply through the Linkedin posting.
About Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.