General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about the future of food? You've come to the right table. We want the very best talent to help lead something big.
The Talent and Organizational Capabilities (TOC) team is seeking a talent management professional to support the activation of talent strategy, development, and processes within the Supply Chain function. This role is responsible for activating Supply Chain talent strategy, developing and sustaining Manager Band talent pipelines, leading efforts to build employee engagement, and own the implementation of the global talent assessment strategy within Supply Chain.
Provide direct support to the Talent Director for Supply Chain to activate talent strategy across the global function, with emphasis on:
- Managing the Manager Band Talent pipeline by partnering with global HR and line leadership to create robust leadership development plans and drive critical development action to ensure planning commitment and follow-through; partner with Diversity & Inclusion to build strong leadership pipelines.
- Executing Supply Chain talent processes, including talent review, IDP activation, and performance management.
- Owning talent assessment and early career program strategies for the Supply Chain.
- Managing global engagement survey strategy for Supply Chain; lead survey process, reporting, and action planning for salaried employee population.
- Leveraging metrics and analytics to produce insights to drive momentum for evolution and optimal implementation of talent processes and initiatives.
- Providing change management leadership to implement changes related to talent processes and initiatives.
- Serving as a liaison between TOC and Supply Chain HR team.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 4+ years of talent management/org effectiveness experience.
- Experience with talent management processes including succession planning, development and performance management.
- Proven analytical/critical thinking skills and understanding of talent practices and use of Workday data analytics.
- Ability to interpret HR and business data, develop and effectively communicate and drive actionable insights that influence decisions.
- Experienced in applying user-experience design thinking skills to advance projects.
- Strong external orientation with ability to steward best practices.
- Very strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; ability to influence various stakeholder audiences.
- Experience with change management linked to talent strategy.
- Strong written, oral, and visual communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated, self-starter with ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Working knowledge of HR technology systems, business intelligence tools, and data.
- Master’s or Ph.D. Degree in Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, or related field with 4+ years of talent management/organization effectiveness experience.
If interested in the position, please apply through the Linkedin posting.