This position is part of M+R's Shared Services Area - composed of finance, operations, people, information technology, and facilities. We make sure M+R is set up to deliver outstanding services to clients such as Planned Parenthood, NRDC, Girls Inc, National Geographic, and many more.
Day-to-day, we focus on hiring, developing, and retaining smart, dedicated staff. We help cultivate high-functioning teams at M+R so that we work collaboratively, efficiently, and effectively, and we help foster a strong organizational culture that reflects and furthers M+R’s values.
Here’s what you’ll be doing in this role:
- Champion a culture of equity, support the design and implementation of diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives/programs across the firm, such as trainings, engagement surveys, and more.
- Support a culture that reflects our values by managing initiatives such as firmwide team building, meetings, and internal communications as well as offsite retreats.
- Shape the firmwide learning and development strategy and manage portions of the implementation. Manage the hiring and recruitment process for a select number of positions.
- Support staffing operations and help manage the process of how we assign staff to clients.
- Ensure high quality supervision - providing support and coaching to supervisors on best practices and firm processes related to feedback, performance evaluations, promotions, and discipline. Contribute to staff onboarding strategy and implementation.
- Develop processes and strategies that enable account teams to work collaboratively, efficiently, and effectively.
- Center all your work to focus on how M+R can retain its brilliant, dedicated staff.
- Do your part to help us run smoothly - including carefully tracking all of your hours as well as pitching in with small office management tasks.
Skills and experiences you should have:
- 5-9 years of People/HR experience, including managing diversity/equity/inclusion efforts and/or learning and development programs.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and logically.
- Experience developing and implementing processes, systems, and tools that create and sustain a positive organizational culture.
- Ability to prioritize your time across projects that have varying complexity and competing deadlines.
- Good judgment - you can make the right call and know when to ask others for input.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Capability to tackle big projects by breaking them down into smaller pieces.
- Experience working in highly collaborative environments.
- Proven ability to draw useful and nuanced insights from data.
- Proven track record of successfully picking up new skills on the job.
- Thoughtfulness, empathy, and self-awareness. You go out of your way to help others and look out for your colleagues.
- Passion for the role that the People field plays in creating change in the world. You are excited by the idea of working across many issues.
- Ability to set goals and drive toward them - never missing deadlines, never dropping balls, and always producing high-quality work.
- Recognition that feedback is a part of learning and growth and are committed to both seeking and receiving feedback.
- Preference to work in a team. You are able to do the hard work of seeing things from others’ perspectives.
- Ability to see a problem and propose a solution. You don’t wait for others to notice issues or assume someone else will fix it.
- You bring a lens of inclusivity to all of your work and interactions with colleagues.
Skills and experiences that are preferred, but not required:
- Proven track record successfully recruiting and hiring qualified employees.
- Experience working in organizations that prioritize employee growth and advancement.
- Experience working in an agency setting or consulting firm.
- Experience with Lever, Trakstar, Slack, Culture Amp, and/or Asana.
For those interested, consult the full listing and application.