Join us on Friday, March 5, 2021 from 9am-3pm for METRO's Virtual Career Day!
We have a great line-up of panelists that will explore options available to I/O and OD professionals, students, and those looking to make career transitions. Hear early career and senior practitioners discuss what employers are seeking, get more prepared for your job search, and learn more about their experiences.
Virtual Format: This year’s Career Day is virtual and includes a mix of panels and many opportunities to interact with other attendees as well as the speakers. After each 30 minute panel, you’ll be placed into small groups with one or two of the speakers for an additional 30 minutes. You are welcome to come to only the sessions that are most relevant to you or join us for the whole day - whichever you’d prefer. Our goal is to encourage genuine interactions and stronger relationships within our community.
Panelists will discuss:
- Differences between internal and external roles.
- Shifts in skills for the current work environment.
- Technical and non-technical resources available for help in the job search.
- How you can provide added value or distinguish yourself from everyone else.
- Perspectives on how careers progress.
- What employers want to see on your resume.
- Current trends in the job market.
- Internships - are they out there, and if so, how can you get one?
9:00 AM - Informal breakout groups to introduce yourself
9:20 AM - Welcome from METRO
- Christina Fleck, METRO President
- Lily Blocker, METRO Career Day Chair
9:30 AM - Interviews and Early Career Professionals Panel
- Krystina Moustakis, ILearnForYou
- David Mihm, Facebook, Inc.
- Mike Hoffman, Johnson & Johnson
- Jared Weintraub, Deloitte
- Jessica Walker, Hogan
10:00 AM- Breakout Groups:
Everyone randomly assigned to a small group with panelists
10:25 AM- Break
10:30 AM- Internal Practitioner Panel
- Sachin Jain, PepsiCo
- Anthony Auriemmo, Capri Holdings
- Gerri Paul, Facebook
- Ethan Wieselthier, R/GA
- Anne Hans, Amazon
- Adam Myer, Johnson & Johnson
11:00 AM- Breakout Groups: Everyone randomly assigned to a small group with panelists
11:25 AM- Break
11:30 AM - External Practitioner Panel
- Miriam Nelson, Korn Ferry
- Brian Ruggeberg, Kincentric
- Scott Willett, Pennington Human Dynamics, Inc
- Pete Rutigliano, Mercer
12:00 PM- Breakout Groups: Everyone randomly assigned to a small group with panelists
12:30 PM- Lunch Break Zoom room will be open but participating is optional
1:30 PM - Academic Panel
- Aaron Wallen, Columbia University
- Charles Scherbaum, Baruch College, City University of New York
- Lily Blocker, Stony Brook University
- Dan Simonet, Montclair State University
- Comila Shahani-Denning, Hofstra University
2:00 PM - Breakout Groups: Everyone randomly assigned to a small group with panelists
2:30 PM - Closing, and we'll keep breakout groups open for 30 minutes
3:00 PM - Zoom session closes
You do NOT need to be a METRO member to attend Career Day, though members do get a discount. Learn more about METRO membership for students and professionals here.
Questions or comments? Contact Lily Blocker, PhD at LilyBlocker1@gmail.com